The 10th installment in the New York Times best-selling A TWISTED TALE series asks: What if Wonderland was in peril and Alice was very, very late?
Alice is different than other eighteen-year-old ladies in Kexford, which is perfectly fine with her. She’d rather spend golden afternoons with her trusty camera or in her aunt Vivian’s lively salon, ignoring her sister’s wishes that she stop all that “nonsense” and become a “respectable” member of society. Alice is happy to meander to Miss Yao’s teashop or to visit the children playing in the Square. She’s also interested in learning more about the young lawyer she met there, but just because she’s curious, of course, not because he was sweet and charming.
But when Alice develops photographs she has recently taken about town, familiar faces of old suddenly appear in the place of her actual subjects—the Queen of Hearts, the Mad Hatter, the Caterpillar. There’s something eerily off about them, even for Wonderland creatures. And as Alice develops a self-portrait, she finds the most disturbing image of all—a badly-injured dark-haired girl asking for Alice’s help. Mary Ann.
Returning to the place of nonsense from her childhood, Alice finds herself on a mission to stop the Queen of Hearts’ tyrannical rule and to find her place in both worlds. But will she able to do so . . . before the End of Time?
For more twisted adventures, try the other books in the A TWISTED TALE series:
- A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
- Once Upon a Dream by Liz Braswell
- As Old as Time by Liz Braswell
- Reflection by Elizabeth Lim
- Part of Your World by Liz Braswell
- Mirror, Mirror by Jen Calonita
- Concel, Don't Feel by Jen Calonita
- Straight On Till Morning by Liz Braswell
- So This is Love by Elizabeth Lim
- Go the Distance by Jen Calonita
- What Once Was Mine by Liz Braswell